Mobile data services testing company Argogroup compared the services provided by all five UK operators during that match; T Mobile – official sponsor or the tournament – was fastest to deliver its text update, delivering the news in just over three minutes, but 3 was able to push out an edited, high quality 10 second video clip of Beckham’s free kick in half the time.
3 scores in World Cup coverage
In a comparative test of operators’ World Cup alerting services during England’s first game against Paraguay, 3 provided the cheapest SMS-based service, was competitive in terms of speed of delivery, and was the only one to deliver a video clip of the David Beckham free kick that ended in a Paraguay own goal.
Most Popular General Features
- The Final Chapter?
- Warning: Regulation Ahead!
- Daisy/Phoenix – Will it Fly?
- The rise and fall of global telecom fraud
- Gartner Identifies the Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends fo...
- New Ofcom Call Rules
- Ofcom Rule Changes
- Brexit Update
- The Lost Art of the Product Demonstration
- 5 office tips to aid creativity and boost productivity
- Don’t Discount – Build a Better ROI
- Happy 30th Birthday to the Channel
- The Customer Feedback Loop
- Routes to Market – The Muddy Waters
- We are… Daisy
- Sales Forecasting Problems?
- Table Stakes for Self-Service
- Nokia 6021
- Improved contract deals at Virgin Mobile