Mobile data services testing company Argogroup compared the services provided by all five UK operators during that match; T Mobile – official sponsor or the tournament – was fastest to deliver its text update, delivering the news in just over three minutes, but 3 was able to push out an edited, high quality 10 second video clip of Beckham’s free kick in half the time.
3 scores in World Cup coverage
In a comparative test of operators’ World Cup alerting services during England’s first game against Paraguay, 3 provided the cheapest SMS-based service, was competitive in terms of speed of delivery, and was the only one to deliver a video clip of the David Beckham free kick that ended in a Paraguay own goal.
Most Popular General Features
- Warning: Regulation Ahead!
- The Final Chapter?
- Gartner Identifies the Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends fo...
- Sales Forecasting Problems?
- Ofcom Rule Changes
- Daisy/Phoenix – Will it Fly?
- Nokia 6233/6234
- Looking Ahead
- Easy to Swallow Technology
- Vodafone centralises logistics
- Tenth anniversary of the Palm Pilot
- Nokia 6021
- Eposs tops up CPW Ireland
- PETER BUTTON WIN
- Local authority info available via 3G mobiles
- Vodafone gives it away
- Nokia applies EU substance legislation to global product por...
- Don’t Discount – Build a Better ROI
- Stress: What Employers Need to Know
- Lowering Accreditation Costs