Mobile data services testing company Argogroup compared the services provided by all five UK operators during that match; T Mobile – official sponsor or the tournament – was fastest to deliver its text update, delivering the news in just over three minutes, but 3 was able to push out an edited, high quality 10 second video clip of Beckham’s free kick in half the time.
3 scores in World Cup coverage
In a comparative test of operators’ World Cup alerting services during England’s first game against Paraguay, 3 provided the cheapest SMS-based service, was competitive in terms of speed of delivery, and was the only one to deliver a video clip of the David Beckham free kick that ended in a Paraguay own goal.
Most Popular General Features
- Ofcom Rule Changes
- New Ofcom Call Rules
- We are… Daisy
- Brexit Update
- Solving the Skills and Gender Gaps
- Parrot 3200 LS-COLOR
- Daisy/Phoenix – Will it Fly?
- Number Forty Nine!
- Apprenticeships – No Longer Just for Big Businesses
- Sales Forecasting Problems?
- The Final Chapter?
- O2 has cheap Spanish roaming
- Vodafone centralises logistics
- Happy 30th Birthday to the Channel
- The rise and fall of global telecom fraud
- Table Stakes for Self-Service
- Could Do Better!
- Investing Wisely
- Making the Connection
- The Big Move – setting up a new office needn’t be a headache...