Mobile data services testing company Argogroup compared the services provided by all five UK operators during that match; T Mobile – official sponsor or the tournament – was fastest to deliver its text update, delivering the news in just over three minutes, but 3 was able to push out an edited, high quality 10 second video clip of Beckham’s free kick in half the time.
3 scores in World Cup coverage
In a comparative test of operators’ World Cup alerting services during England’s first game against Paraguay, 3 provided the cheapest SMS-based service, was competitive in terms of speed of delivery, and was the only one to deliver a video clip of the David Beckham free kick that ended in a Paraguay own goal.
Most Popular General Features
- Social Media Dilemma?
- The rise and fall of global telecom fraud
- Adapting to Change
- 2015: Risk Balancing?
- Happy 30th Birthday to the Channel
- Routes to Market – The Muddy Waters
- Chuffed and Humbled!
- Coming in from the Cold
- Sales Forecasting Problems?
- Warning: Regulation Ahead!
- Keys to successful account management
- Helping the Customer Do it Their Way
- Five Tips to Boost Sales
- Ofcom Rule Changes
- New Ofcom Call Rules
- Daisy/Phoenix – Will it Fly?
- We are… Daisy
- Nokia MU-22 1GB microSD Card
- Mio Technology introduces two top spec satellite navigation...