absenteeism that are entered into the school’s e-register. A video conferencing solution has also been implemented for students to participate in distance learning courses, a facility to which they previously didn’t have access. The Mitel 5550 IP Console, a desktop administration application, is being used by reception staff to minimise call waiting times and increase call handling volumes through call status, prompts and message taking functions.
“The Blandford School went through a rigorous assessment of the market, looking at all the key players in IP telephony,” commented Matt Cross, consultant, ATC Sterry. “Ultimately the decision to go with Mitel came down to the robust, feature-rich and scalable technology; a reduction of upfront and ongoing costs; and its seamless integration with HP and Canon network infrastructure.”
be dramatically reduced by avoiding phone cabling costs and simplifying set up and configuration.”
As the school expands, new phones and computers can be added to the network simply and quickly. With its old analogue system, configuration changes were time consuming and manual thus the IT team has freed up its time to focus on more critical tasks.
Building For The Future
Most Popular Features
- Here and Now
- Billing IoT
- ISDN vs. SIP – No Contest?
- IoT Journey Is All Mapped Out
- Hazards of setting up Wi-Fi in the workplace
- The Death of ISDN?
- Staying Relevant in Distribution
- Making a Success of Analytics
- BroadCloud Explained
- Demystifying the Hierarchy of the ‘Things’
- Gamma Ups The Stakes With Innovative Pricing
- Drive Your Business Forward with SIP Unified Communications
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) Explained
- Skype for Business in a Nutshell
- Lan Infrastructure
- The SIP Phone Market is Sizzling!
- The MVNO Challenge
- Workspaces of Tomorrow
- Thriving in chaos to succeed in business
- Information is King – Knowledge is Power