Vodafone said today "Vodafone UK has agreed with Carphone Warehouse and Phones4U that it will continue to sell upgrades to existing Vodafone customers via Carphone Warehouse. This has been agreed to ensure existing Vodafone customers who historically connected via CPW get a seamless upgrade experience."
Carphone Get Voda Upgrades
In a policy u-turn Vodafone has struck an agreement with The Carphone Warehouse allowing the retailer to continue upgrading existing contract customers on the network.
Only a few weeks ago Vodafone announced Phones4U were to be the only independent retailer able to sell Vodafone contracts. The new deal allows Carphone to recoup nearly 40% of what they would have lost from not selling Voda, through existing upgrades as well as continuing to be able to sell pay as you go phones. Although Carphone will still not be able to sell new contracts.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- What Does the Future Hold for MVNOs?
- The MVNO Challenge
- Mobile Distribution
- SHIFTING THE VAT OBLIGATION
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- 5G – What is it good for?
- 11 years for VAT carousel fraudster
- SMS bullying and how to stop it
- BAFFLED BY TECHNOLOGY
- The Big Data Era
- DM of the Year in 2006
- Mobile Call Recording and Compliance
- Toshiba Portege G920 and gang planned for 2008
- Microriver Appoint GM
- Sony’s New Walkmen
- LG’S Prada Guidelines (they won’t like that)
- Fonebak pays “up to £4.2m” for Intec
- Congress Round-Up
- The mobile business industry panel tackles topical issues
- Devices – December 2016