The European Commission will propose the creation of a single Europe-wide telecoms regulator for all member states. The Information Society and Media Commissioner Viviane Reding said the details would be fleshed out at the end of October, but she will certainly ask for vastly expanded powers – “In many EU countries, I see that national telecom regulators are prevented from doing the best possible job, either because they are not sufficiently independent or lack the required resources and instruments. It is here where Europe can help”.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- What Does the Future Hold for MVNOs?
- The MVNO Challenge
- Mobile Distribution
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- SHIFTING THE VAT OBLIGATION
- 11 years for VAT carousel fraudster
- BAFFLED BY TECHNOLOGY
- The Big Data Era
- 5G – What is it good for?
- Toshiba Portege G920 and gang planned for 2008
- Microriver Appoint GM
- The mobile business industry panel tackles topical issues
- Sony’s New Walkmen
- LG’S Prada Guidelines (they won’t like that)
- Fonebak pays “up to £4.2m” for Intec
- SMS bullying and how to stop it
- Congress Round-Up
- Devices – December 2016
- Vista Entertainment Solutions integrates with Mobiqa Platfor...
- Graeme Hutchinson – Virgin Mobile