If you’re going to bother to have a profile on any of these networks, make sure it’s a good one. That means at the very least having a photo (professional looking of course), summary of what the business does, ideal prospects or target markets you work with, links to your company websites and ways of getting in touch.
Remember, a profile on any of the online networks is like an online brochure for you and your company, so why aren’t you treating it as such? It can be a valuable source of generating extra sales leads if you take the time to do things properly.
Tip 4 – Make it personal
I’m seeing a huge shift in online communication, from the mass-emailing methods of offers and promotions, towards more of a one to one communication.
This means if your sales team has been to a networking event or exhibition, mass-emailing people they met or came into contact with actually can switch off prospects, especially as they very quickly realise that if the communication isn’t personal or individual, they’re just one of a list.
If you’re looking to make contact with people and get engagement over any of the networks, then make sure your communication on there is more tailored as well. If people see a message that is impersonal it can cause more damage than not sending one at all.
Andy Preston is a recognised sales expert who specialises in working with mobile phone companies in particular, helping them generate more appointments, stand out from the competition, and close more deals. You can see and hear more about Andy at http://www.andy-preston.com/.
Digital selling: Are you ahead of your competition? Part II
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- The MVNO Challenge
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- Mobile Distribution
- The Forgotten “BYOD” Stakeholder – the Service Provider!...
- Mobile Call Recording and Compliance
- Future Trends in Wearable Technology
- Motofone Clearvision
- Japan five years ahead in mobile services
- i-mode comes to Europe: Hype, hope or happily happening here...
- Mystery Caller – October 2016
- Worldwide PDA shipments
- 5G – What is it good for?
- Mainline invests to increase service to dealers
- Nokia E70
- Subscribe to our Newsletter
- VoIP Expensive, unsafe, unlocked
- Voda Reliability on Thin Ice
- CHRISTINA DOMECQ – SPINVOX
- Virgin Mobile hits the high street
- Where’s the phone?