BenQ is laying off 527 ex-Siemens staff, half of them contract employees, from its mobile subsidiary in Germany. In the nine months since BenQ took on Siemens’ handset division, market share and revenues have continued to slip.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- What Does the Future Hold for MVNOs?
- The MVNO Challenge
- 5G – What is it good for?
- Mobile Distribution
- X-Series: is 3 shooting itself in the foot?
- Mobile Call Recording and Compliance
- Trends in Mobile Distribution
- MARK STANSFIELD – O2
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- … LG gets Fraser
- DM of the Year in 2006
- Microriver Appoint GM
- Sony’s New Walkmen
- LG’S Prada Guidelines (they won’t like that)
- Fonebak pays “up to £4.2m” for Intec
- Mobile pen and paper
- The Big Data Era
- SMS bullying and how to stop it
- Toshiba Portege G920 and gang planned for 2008
- BAFFLED BY TECHNOLOGY