US industry watchers are back in hysteria mode about an Apple phone after Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer said: “We do not think that the phones that are available today make the best music players. We think the iPod is. But over time, that is likely to change, and we are not sitting around doing nothing”. Well-founded rumours have been linking Apple to Tokyo-based mobile operator Softbank for a music phone project.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- What Does the Future Hold for MVNOs?
- The MVNO Challenge
- 5G – What is it good for?
- Mobile Distribution
- X-Series: is 3 shooting itself in the foot?
- Mobile Call Recording and Compliance
- Trends in Mobile Distribution
- MARK STANSFIELD – O2
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- … LG gets Fraser
- DM of the Year in 2006
- Microriver Appoint GM
- Sony’s New Walkmen
- LG’S Prada Guidelines (they won’t like that)
- Fonebak pays “up to £4.2m” for Intec
- Mobile pen and paper
- The Big Data Era
- SMS bullying and how to stop it
- Toshiba Portege G920 and gang planned for 2008
- BAFFLED BY TECHNOLOGY