Local government services and information are now accessible on 3G mobile phones under the name Looking Local. It’s a partnership between publisher DigiTV and mobile network 3; available includes reporting broken street lights and graffiti, querying missed rubbish collections, and finding opening times of local facilities. In at least one area (South Yorkshire, if you happen to be that lucky) users can book a GP appointment; job searches and transport information are promised soon.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- What Does the Future Hold for MVNOs?
- The MVNO Challenge
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- Mobile Distribution
- 11 years for VAT carousel fraudster
- SHIFTING THE VAT OBLIGATION
- Vista Entertainment Solutions integrates with Mobiqa Platfor...
- SMS bullying and how to stop it
- 5G – What is it good for?
- Graeme Hutchinson – Virgin Mobile
- Nazir of Advanced Comms gets £20k fine and starves workers
- Inaugural mobilemarketing awards
- Fonebak pays “up to £4.2m” for Intec
- The Big Data Era
- Hutchison denies 3 UK SALE rumours
- BAFFLED BY TECHNOLOGY
- The Rise of OTT Apps
- John George – JAG Communications
- Satnav for Orange Phones
- Devices – December 2016