The number of mobile broadcast TV networks will increase from 9 last year to 13 this year according to a report released by In-Stat. The major hold-up continues to be the availability of spectrum, especially in Europe. However, In-Stat thinks there will be 125m mobile TV subscribers by 2011, helped by mobile standards being introduced. By that stage there should be more spectrum available, and more handsets on the market.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- The MVNO Challenge
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- Mobile Distribution
- Moco has given every member of staff a new LG 8180 video pho...
- Nokia restructures for the converging marketplace
- The Forgotten “BYOD” Stakeholder – the Service Provider!...
- i-mode comes to Europe: Hype, hope or happily happening here...
- Nazir of Advanced Comms gets £20k fine and starves workers
- Worldwide PDA shipments
- Subscribe to our Newsletter
- LG’s JoY at New Smartphone
- JAG EXPANDS
- Nokia E70
- Mainline invests to increase service to dealers
- Motofone Clearvision
- Trend Micro Mobile Security
- Keith Curran – Yes Telecom
- Japan five years ahead in mobile services
- Voda Flat Rate BB
- Moto Splits