In the next five years mobile technologies will significantly and change the way businesses operate much the way previous disruptive technologies have. IT departments will be expected to deal with enterprise mobility strategy, yet, are not expected to hire staff to deal specifically with that. In reviewing solutions and approaches, consider the following:
Look for solutions that manage at the platform level
Adopt mobile management solutions that don’t require active alerts
Adopt mobile management solutions that provide tiered functionality
IT departments need a solution that automates the management of endpoints. Before the mobile device tipping point, the average IT department had one staff for every 27 enterprise employees, according to Workforce Management. The ratio has not improved with the growth in mobile devices. This means IT teams will need to manage an increasing number of mobile devices, without additional resources. Automation is the only possible way to manage the explosion of mobile devices.
In terms of a checklist, a mobile management solution should address:
We are at the doorstep of a profound change in our business. Mobility, and all the change that comes with it, has the ability to change business models, processes, customer behaviors and market leaders. There will be pains at the beginning; however, the long-term benefits will shape things in ways we’ve never imagined. Companies that figure out how to incorporate mobile solutions effectively into their current ecosystems will be the ones that come out ahead.
Mobile Device Management
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- The MVNO Challenge
- Mobile Distribution
- Moco has given every member of staff a new LG 8180 video pho...
- Nazir of Advanced Comms gets £20k fine and starves workers
- 5G – What is it good for?
- Fone Logistics Goes on the Road
- Motofone Clearvision
- Sony Ericsson K800i
- 3 offers free video downloads from April
- Voda Flat Rate BB
- Nokia restructures for the converging marketplace
- Moto Splits
- The Forgotten “BYOD” Stakeholder – the Service Provider!...
- Sony Ericsson MDS 70 Home Audio System
- Worldwide PDA shipments
- LG’s JoY at New Smartphone
- Trend Micro Mobile Security
- Voda Drop Hugh Symons
- Dubai’s Carousel Co-operation