"The core of Nokia’s games strategy is to make it easy for people to find, buy and play great quality mobile games and we’re excited to expand our relationship with EA to help make that possible," said Jaakko Kaidesoja, director, games, Multimedia, Nokia. "Nokia and EA have a common vision regarding the opportunities in mobile games and how to turn them into a reality. When you combine Nokia’s leadership in hardware, usabiliy and software platforms with EA’s brands and quality thresholds, the results will speak for themselves."
Nokia and EA to Offer Mobile Gaming
Nokia and Electronic Arts have announced they will be teaming together to produce new mobile games to millions of Nokia handset owners through Nokia Content Discoverer.
Mobile customers will be able to download content to their phone via an online store. Launch titles for the service will be well known games such as Tetris, Tetris Mania, The Sims, Doom, Fifa 06, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, and Fifa Street 2. From the middle of next year EA will look to support the next gen mobile platform from Nokia with titles designed with the S60 handsets in mind.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- The MVNO Challenge
- John George – JAG Communications
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- Mobile Distribution
- Mobile Call Recording and Compliance
- 11 years for VAT carousel fraudster
- Five questions to ask when designing and implementing an in-...
- The Rise of OTT Apps
- 2006 to be a “watershed”
- Paving the way to 5G
- Keith Curran – Yes Telecom
- Making Margin with MVNO’s
- ‘Citizen Porn’ for mobiles
- SatNav Apps
- Samsung Galaxy Note
- Mystery Caller – June 2013
- MOTOROLA RAZR V3x
- BYOD: Technology, Employers & Employees
- Play with Paris
- Hotlink to Varlink