Virgin going Chinese Virgin Mobile is about to announce a deal with China’s second largest operator, China, Unicom, to bring an MVNO-style operation to Shanghai by the autumn. MVNOs are actually illegal in China, so the deal will probably be dressed up as a kind of reselling agency; a similar consideration applies in Italy, which along with Spain has been named by Richard Branson as Virgin Mobile’s next target market.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- What Does the Future Hold for MVNOs?
- The MVNO Challenge
- 5G – What is it good for?
- Mobile Distribution
- Mobile Call Recording and Compliance
- The Big Data Era
- SMS bullying and how to stop it
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- BAFFLED BY TECHNOLOGY
- Mobile pen and paper
- Trends in Mobile Distribution
- … LG gets Fraser
- MARK STANSFIELD – O2
- DM of the Year in 2006
- Toshiba Portege G920 and gang planned for 2008
- SHIFTING THE VAT OBLIGATION
- Microriver Appoint GM
- Sony’s New Walkmen
- LG’S Prada Guidelines (they won’t like that)
- Fonebak pays “up to £4.2m” for Intec