Philips is to sell its mobile phone manufacturing operations to China Electronics Corp. When the deal goes through, CEC will take over Philips’ handset business and gets a license use the Philips brand for mobiles for the next five years. Philips reportedly makes about e400m a year from its mobile business, but the group has been deliberately winding down its mobile operations recently.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- The MVNO Challenge
- What Does the Future Hold for MVNOs?
- Mobile Distribution
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- John George – JAG Communications
- The Rise of OTT Apps
- SHIFTING THE VAT OBLIGATION
- 11 years for VAT carousel fraudster
- O2’s latest i-mode phone
- UK second to Sweden on 3G
- Nazir of Advanced Comms gets £20k fine and starves workers
- Satnav for Orange Phones
- Hutchison denies 3 UK SALE rumours
- Vista Entertainment Solutions integrates with Mobiqa Platfor...
- Reverse charging: forward thinking
- 5G – What is it good for?
- Graeme Hutchinson – Virgin Mobile
- BAFFLED BY TECHNOLOGY
- The Big Data Era
- Inaugural mobilemarketing awards