Philips is to sell its mobile phone manufacturing operations to China Electronics Corp. When the deal goes through, CEC will take over Philips’ handset business and gets a license use the Philips brand for mobiles for the next five years. Philips reportedly makes about e400m a year from its mobile business, but the group has been deliberately winding down its mobile operations recently.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- The MVNO Challenge
- Mobile Call Recording and Compliance
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- The Rise of OTT Apps
- Making Margin with MVNO’s
- Mobile Distribution
- ‘Citizen Porn’ for mobiles
- BYOD: Technology, Employers & Employees
- MOTOROLA RAZR V3x
- Five questions to ask when designing and implementing an in-...
- SeeMeTV seen by many
- Keith Curran – Yes Telecom
- ICO takes action against Carphone
- Hotlink to Varlink
- Less is More?
- Handets – Sensational sweetie!
- Rampant: Mobile device security
- Apps Review: Elondra
- Everyday Mobile Phone Can Act as ‘Live’ Tracking Device
- Play with Paris