BlackBerry maker RIM has settled for $612.5m in the patent-infringement litigation with patent house NTP Inc. The legal dispute had threatened to shut down RIM’s BlackBerry service in the States; the settlement is a one-off payment for a perpetual license from NTP.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- What Does the Future Hold for MVNOs?
- The MVNO Challenge
- Mobile Distribution
- SHIFTING THE VAT OBLIGATION
- 5G – What is it good for?
- Mobile Call Recording and Compliance
- The Big Data Era
- SMS bullying and how to stop it
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- BAFFLED BY TECHNOLOGY
- 11 years for VAT carousel fraudster
- Mobile pen and paper
- Trends in Mobile Distribution
- … LG gets Fraser
- MARK STANSFIELD – O2
- DM of the Year in 2006
- Toshiba Portege G920 and gang planned for 2008
- Microriver Appoint GM
- Sony’s New Walkmen
- LG’S Prada Guidelines (they won’t like that)