Almost 65% of public transport users said they would find it irritating if people were talking on their mobile phone while travelling on the tube, according to a survey by Keynote Systems, the global leader in mobile and Internet test and measurement services. However, nearly 80% of respondents said they would check or send emails via their mobile devices while on the tube. Checking location and travel information via the mobile internet also proved to be popular amongst respondents, with almost 70% saying that this would be the main reason to use the internet on the move.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- The MVNO Challenge
- Mobile Distribution
- Keith Curran – Yes Telecom
- Moco has given every member of staff a new LG 8180 video pho...
- Nazir of Advanced Comms gets £20k fine and starves workers
- 3 offers free video downloads from April
- Fone Logistics Goes on the Road
- LG’s JoY at New Smartphone
- Motofone Clearvision
- Sony Ericsson K800i
- Voda Flat Rate BB
- Nokia restructures for the converging marketplace
- Moto Splits
- The Forgotten “BYOD” Stakeholder – the Service Provider!...
- 5G – What is it good for?
- Sony Ericsson MDS 70 Home Audio System
- Watch the wash
- Worldwide PDA shipments
- New Unique Mobility Solution