China has become the world’s largest mobile phone manufacturing base and consumer market. Net additions of mobile customers in April 2007 topped 6.9m, breaking the record of 6.8m set the month before; for Q1 total shipments reached 134m units, a 34.5% year on year increase. The subscriber base reached 480m at the end of the first quarter of 2007. Meanwhile, China’s Ministry of Information Industry says mobile phone production there is expected to rise by nearly 17% during 2007 to reach 560m
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- What Does the Future Hold for MVNOs?
- The MVNO Challenge
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- Mobile Distribution
- SHIFTING THE VAT OBLIGATION
- 11 years for VAT carousel fraudster
- 5G – What is it good for?
- Graeme Hutchinson – Virgin Mobile
- The Big Data Era
- VK FOLDS owing £1m
- Fonebak pays “up to £4.2m” for Intec
- BAFFLED BY TECHNOLOGY
- Vista Entertainment Solutions integrates with Mobiqa Platfor...
- SMS bullying and how to stop it
- Microriver Appoint GM
- Mobile Call Recording and Compliance
- Mobile pen and paper
- MARK STANSFIELD – O2
- Toshiba Portege G920 and gang planned for 2008
- Critical success factors for mobile advertising