In fact T- Mobile UK added 845,000 new customers over the last three months of 2005,taking its subscriber base to 17.2m (that includes Virgin Mobile users).Revenues were down 3.6% to £2.84bn,however (because of regulatory price cuts,says T-Mobile) and profits were almost 5% lower at £891m.
Ups and downs in T-Mobile UK’s balance sheet
T-Mobile has downgraded the book value of its British business by £1.3bn.This is an accounting convention rather than any comment on trading; T-Mobile changed its valuation of its business simply because the takeover of O2 carries implications for how much a subscriber is really worth.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- What Does the Future Hold for MVNOs?
- The MVNO Challenge
- 5G – What is it good for?
- Mobile Distribution
- X-Series: is 3 shooting itself in the foot?
- Mobile Call Recording and Compliance
- Trends in Mobile Distribution
- MARK STANSFIELD – O2
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- … LG gets Fraser
- DM of the Year in 2006
- Microriver Appoint GM
- Sony’s New Walkmen
- LG’S Prada Guidelines (they won’t like that)
- Fonebak pays “up to £4.2m” for Intec
- Glasgow Man Jailed for Carousel Fraud
- Mobile pen and paper
- The Big Data Era
- SMS bullying and how to stop it
- Toshiba Portege G920 and gang planned for 2008