In fact T- Mobile UK added 845,000 new customers over the last three months of 2005,taking its subscriber base to 17.2m (that includes Virgin Mobile users).Revenues were down 3.6% to £2.84bn,however (because of regulatory price cuts,says T-Mobile) and profits were almost 5% lower at £891m.
Ups and downs in T-Mobile UK’s balance sheet
T-Mobile has downgraded the book value of its British business by £1.3bn.This is an accounting convention rather than any comment on trading; T-Mobile changed its valuation of its business simply because the takeover of O2 carries implications for how much a subscriber is really worth.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- What Does the Future Hold for MVNOs?
- The MVNO Challenge
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- 11 years for VAT carousel fraudster
- 5G – What is it good for?
- Mobile Distribution
- The Big Data Era
- VK FOLDS owing £1m
- SHIFTING THE VAT OBLIGATION
- BAFFLED BY TECHNOLOGY
- Vista Entertainment Solutions integrates with Mobiqa Platfor...
- SMS bullying and how to stop it
- Graeme Hutchinson – Virgin Mobile
- Mobile pen and paper
- MARK STANSFIELD – O2
- Toshiba Portege G920 and gang planned for 2008
- Fonebak pays “up to £4.2m” for Intec
- Battle of the Brands – Nokia vs Google
- DM of the Year in 2006
- The mobile business industry panel tackles topical issues