IDC says the Western European femtocell market will reach $900m and top 5.7m users by 2011. “The main benefits for operators will include improving indoor coverage; freeing macro network capacity; reducing latency, capital, and operational expenditures; enabling flat rate voice and data tariffs at home; migrating users to WCDMA; adding revenue opportunities from bundling fixed and mobile services.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- What Does the Future Hold for MVNOs?
- The MVNO Challenge
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- Mobile Distribution
- John George – JAG Communications
- The Rise of OTT Apps
- SHIFTING THE VAT OBLIGATION
- 5G – What is it good for?
- O2’s latest i-mode phone
- UK second to Sweden on 3G
- Graeme Hutchinson – Virgin Mobile
- 11 years for VAT carousel fraudster
- #GenMobile has Entered the Workforce
- Hutchison denies 3 UK SALE rumours
- BAFFLED BY TECHNOLOGY
- Satnav for Orange Phones
- SMS bullying and how to stop it
- Toshiba Portege G920 and gang planned for 2008
- Sony Ericsson K610i:
- Nokia N93 Golf Edition Tees Off