WidSets works on a wide variety of mobile phone brands and is compatible on more than 300 mobile devices. Check them out for yourself — download at www.widsets. com or on mobile at get.widsets.com.
WidSets top 1m users
WidSets has hit 1m registered users since its October 2006 launch. The Nokia arm which is responsible for WidSets is over the moon — “having 1m registered users in the mobile space is almost unheard of,” said Ulla Särkikangas, Director, Consumer Internet Services, Nokia Emerging Business Unit. “WidSets has clearly set the benchmark for tools and distribution channels designed for content and media owners.”
WidSets is a handset manufacturerindependent service that brings the best bits of the Internet, such as communities, news, blogs, reviews, and weather reports straight to the mobile phone. It uses mini-applications called widgets to deliver up to date internet content to mobile phones, enables the user to create their own widgets, and currently has a library of more than 1500 widgets.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- What Does the Future Hold for MVNOs?
- The MVNO Challenge
- Mobile Distribution
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- SHIFTING THE VAT OBLIGATION
- 11 years for VAT carousel fraudster
- BAFFLED BY TECHNOLOGY
- The Big Data Era
- 5G – What is it good for?
- Toshiba Portege G920 and gang planned for 2008
- Microriver Appoint GM
- The mobile business industry panel tackles topical issues
- Sony’s New Walkmen
- LG’S Prada Guidelines (they won’t like that)
- Fonebak pays “up to £4.2m” for Intec
- SMS bullying and how to stop it
- Congress Round-Up
- Devices – December 2016
- Vista Entertainment Solutions integrates with Mobiqa Platfor...
- Graeme Hutchinson – Virgin Mobile