Because Comms Business editorial team has many years experience working within the industry our features represent the topics that are currently of most interest to our readers.
Written by experts we cut through the hype and cover the real issues making Comms Business a must read every month.
Below are details of the main features planned for the coming issues of Comms Business. These represent only a fraction of the content of each issue but allow you to plan your PR and advertising activity at the most relevant times of the year.
To receive a monthly email from our Editor, Ian Hunter informing you of coming features and requesting your contribution Click Here
|Month||Market Report||Margin Maker||IT/ Data||Mobile||Guides|
|December 2013||Preview of 2014||Co-Location||Fixed Mobile Convergence|
|January||Voice & Data Distribution||Data Centres||Virtual Desktop||Wireless Solutions||Channel Profiles|
|February||Call Recording||Network & PBX Security||SaaS||Mobile Distribution|
|March||PBX & Communications Platforms||UC for SME||Microsoft Lync||Mobile Data – International roaming|
|April||SIP Trunks||Audio & Video Conferencing||Non-voice cloud apps||Mobile World Congress||Summit North Show Guide|
|May||Headsets||The Cloud Sales Opportunity||Storage||Mobile Call Recording & Compliance|
|June||Call Management||Microsoft Lync||Wireless||Mobile Device Management – Handling BYOD|
|July||Hosted Telephony||Collaboration/ Federation||IaaS||Mobile Virtual Network Operators|
|August||The Future of Communications Platforms||Superfast Access||Big Data||UC on the Move|
|September||Differentiating ISPs||The Role of the Network Services Integrator||Microsoft 365||4G||Cloud Based Services, Datacentres & Connectivity|
|October||Call and Contact Centres||Billing Services||Data Back Up||Mobile Headsets||Summit South Show Guide|
|November||SIP & IP Phones||Inbound Services||Tablets||M2M|
|December||Preview of 2015||Co-Location||Future Trends||Fixed Mobile Convergence|
Synopsis For Monthly Features
March 2014 issue of Comms Business
Market Report – PBX & Communications Platforms
It’s the market report roundup time for the Customer Premises Equipment based PBX and Communications Platform market. We provide the latest trends in the market as seen by our own editorial team as well as those of leading market analysts.
More snapshots, this time featuring the likes of Avaya, Siemens, Cisco, Mitel, Toshiba, Samsung, Aastra, Panasonic… etc. Sorry if I missed anyone there.
We’ll report on;
- The latest analyst reported trends in the market
- Where these companies think the market is going
- The state of play with UC and collaboration – who is buying?
- What integrated applications they are providing for the channel.
Resellers are encouraged to contact us to provide the latest state of play from the coal face and what turns on the SME when it comes to systems in this market.
(This is not a hosted or cloud based telephony applications article)
Unified Communications for the SME
Is Unified Communications coming of age for the SME or is it still a difficult concept sale?
We ask vendors and resellers some key questions to find out the answers.
- Is the concept of unified communications very difficult for an SME to understand? Why is that and what can we do about it?
- Should vendors produce an SME Edition of unified communications applications? Would it increase sales and help everyone gain a better understanding? Or is this how resellers can differentiate in the market?
- Do you think that end users are better served by single vendor solutions or by a best of breed mix of third party applications?
- Is there such a think as a killer UC application these days?
Case Studies Welcome
Mobile Data and International Roaming
Access to information whilst on the move is essential for business executives that need to have all the latest information and messaging at their fingertips, which is why the mobile data market exploded some time ago. The wider spread arrival of 4G will provide yet another impetus to the market. Comms Business will ask suppliers;
- How do you see 4G impacting the market?
- Is it just about speed or will there be new applications that take advantage of the greater bandwidth – for example, video conferencing on the move.
- Does better connectivity automatically equal more revenue opportunity?
- Does 4G live up to the hype?
- Have international roaming solutions solved the problem of using data abroad?
Contact David Dungay: email@example.com
Let’s not beat around the bush, just how many case studies have we seen for Lync? How many address the market that the majority of resellers operate in – the SMB sector? Is Lync just an internal means of collaboration or can it really reach out to the outside world with voice-based communications?
Lync is heralded as a complete unified communications solution for business but what exactly is the reality and what are the alternative solutions for resellers looking to provide a range of UC applications for their customers?
We ask some key questions that resellers want answers to such as:
- In a nutshell, what is Lync and where does it fit in the communications mix?
- Is this just an enterprise solution or can Lync realistically be sold to SME users?
- Are there any ‘Lync Busters’ out there?
- What’s involved in becoming a Lync ‘authorised/accredited’ supplier?
Tel: 07818 043276
Tel: 01892 538348
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org