Communications services provider Coms has successfully been added to the Government framework procurement “G-Cloud 3” or Cloudstore.
Cloudstore is a UK Government initiative, with the aim to simplify the buying and delivering of services, as well as providing the right tools for businesses, computing and Cloud based services have brought stepped changes in the economics and procurement of such services. The Government Cloudstore strategy will achieve:
• large, cross government economies of scale;
• ICT systems that are flexible and responsive to demand in order to support government policies and strategies;
• take advantage of new technologies in order to deliver faster business benefits and reduce cost;
• meet environmental and sustainability targets;
• allows government to procure in a way that encourages a dynamic and responsive supplier marketplace and supports emerging suppliers.
Coms plc has been successful in winning 5 lots:
1. Hosted telephony
2. SIP trunking
3. Lync 2010 Enterprise Voice
4. Integrated Mobile
5. Hosted Openscape Unified Coms
This enhances the Coms plc extensively growing portfolio with the telecoms and smart buildings industry. By giving their customers, (both new and existing) the opportunity to become flexible and responsive to change, giving the advantage of being one step ahead of their competitors
Dave Breith (Coms CEO) states: “We are delighted that we have been successful in our submission to Cloudstore, I have had extensive experience in the past with Government contracts and there is not a shadow of doubt that all Government procurement over the next 1-2 years will be forced to procure services in this manner, and when that happens we are ready.”