Orders are already being taken by Vodafone with prices ranging from free to £150 inc VAT, depending on the tariff chosen.
Although Blackberry currently have market share, Palm are confident that it can still be blown wide open.
John Hartnett, senior vice president for global markets at Palm said "Only three per cent of business inboxes worldwide are currently accessed via mobile devices and that is a huge opportunity,"
Such an opportunity that Palm are looking to change their business model, and build up 75% in the smartphone market.
"With everything we do we have become a smartphone company." said Hartnett.
Palm chief executive Ed Colligan said that the mobile industry stands to benefit from the increased amount of services being used on smartphone devices. "When you put a Treo in someone’s hands they use it, so that drives revenue,".
The new 750v has got a 240 x 240 display, a MiniSD card slot, a 1.3 megapixel camera and Bluetooth, and has all the features you would expect. Push email, MS Office douments, are no problem. Palm has also added a call management function to the today screen, along with web searching.
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS radio, GSM bands: 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS bands: 850/1900/2100
- Personal speakerphone, hands-free headset jack, microphone mute option, TTY/TDD compatibility, 6-way calling
- 128MB / 60MB nonvolatile flash memory available to user
- 300MHz Samsung processor
- miniSD card slot
- Removable 1200 mAH Lithium-ion, up to 4.5 hours talk time, 10 days standby
- Operating System: Windows Mobile® 5.2.2 Pocket PC Phone Edition
- 1.3 megapixel camera with 2x digital zoom and video capture support, automatic light balance
- 240 x 240 colour touchscreen with support for over 65000 colours
- Bluetooth 1.2 wireless technology, Infrared (IR)
- 111 mm x 58 mm x 22 mm (4.4" x 2.3" x 0.8") 154 g (5.4 ounces)
- Built-in backlit QWERTY keyboard, 5-way navigator
Latest posts by (see all)
- Mitel Appoints Graham Bevington as EVP and Chief Sales Officer - April 10, 2015
- Exertis is the New Name for Micro-P - October 24, 2013
- Imago Adds Single Chip DLP Projectors to Barco Deal - June 13, 2013