Comms Business Magazine Award-winning video managed services provider vc-net has launched a pan-European expansion programme by recruiting resellers and partners in each of the countries.
Given the complexities of implementing high-definition (HD) video conferencing across IP networks and the need to save costs through outsourcing, combined with the demands of reducing carbon footprints, Dan Somers, vc-net’s Managing Director, is confident that resellers across Europe will be able to reap the rewards by offering their end users high quality managed video conferencing services alongside the reseller’s own equipment and installation which both increase the value to the reseller, but lowering the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) to the end customer.
“The market for managed video services has been growing exponentially in Europe and following our successes in the UK, many customers are asking for the same services in Continental Europe and so we need to recruit the right type of partners who can help us service this demand. This will not be right for every reseller – we are only looking for strategically-minded partners who have a consultative selling approach, a good customer base, and an understanding of IP networks.”
The vc-net offering will, according to Somers, help partners across the region to benefit.
“Providing a 3-year managed services contract lowers the overall costs for a customer by reducing their need to support and manage the equipment internally and associated network problems, but it also provides recurring reseller revenues and a more integrated relationship with their customer which is better news for everyone. Also we know that the main inhibition to implementing IP and especially HD video conferencing are the network headaches.”
The idea is to make the solution as simple as possible for the customer to buy and use and all elements are available under one Service Level Agreement (SLA). The key components involved in the managed service include:
– Videoconferencing and audio-visual hardware which is sold integrated and maintained by the reseller
– High quality-of-service global network – to carry video traffic at a high enough quality over a private intranet (as opposed to the public internet) to enable high quality experience and HD over both DSL and fibre
– Video bridging – to enable multi-way video calls
– ISDN gateway breakout – to enable IP codecs to talk to legacy ISDN codecs cost-effectively and vice versa
– Firewall transversal and border controller – to enable codecs to talk to one another securely across firewalls
– Full 24 x 7 monitoring and management of all components