A total of 12.3m people used their mobile phone to access the internet in the UK during June 2006, according to figures from the Mobile Data Association. The stats suggest that nearly 20% of mobile phone users are now regularly using the WAP capability on their phones to download ringtones, games, wallpapers or to simply browse the internet.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- The MVNO Challenge
- John George – JAG Communications
- Mobile Distribution
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- Vodafone does ‘TBA’ gigs
- Keith Curran – Yes Telecom
- Making Margin with MVNO’s
- Tanla Mobile’s …
- Mobile Call Recording and Compliance
- ‘Citizen Porn’ for mobiles
- MARK STANSFIELD – O2
- 2006 to be a “watershed”
- Five questions to ask when designing and implementing an in-...
- New faces at Get Connected!
- Yes’s Advanced Appointment
- The Teen Buzz
- Winning the mobile deal
- VATman loses OUT over ‘carousel’ fraud ruling
- Adding Value With Apps