In the quarter CPW added 32.8% more connections, taking its total to 2.23m; another 66 new stores opened, bringing the year-end total to 1,778 – and for next year the company is planning to add a further 250 stores with the aim of delivering a 15% rise in connections.
Carphone does it again
The Carphone Warehouse reported yet another good set of figures in its Q4 trading update. It’s expecting to report profits in line with expectations, “despite significant investment in new business areas” – notably the launch of free broadband from TalkTalk and the stake in Virgin Mobile France, which together cost £12m (and are expected to generate a one-off operating loss in 2007 of £60m).
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- What Does the Future Hold for MVNOs?
- The MVNO Challenge
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- Mobile Distribution
- John George – JAG Communications
- The Rise of OTT Apps
- SHIFTING THE VAT OBLIGATION
- 5G – What is it good for?
- O2’s latest i-mode phone
- UK second to Sweden on 3G
- Graeme Hutchinson – Virgin Mobile
- 11 years for VAT carousel fraudster
- #GenMobile has Entered the Workforce
- Hutchison denies 3 UK SALE rumours
- BAFFLED BY TECHNOLOGY
- Satnav for Orange Phones
- SMS bullying and how to stop it
- Toshiba Portege G920 and gang planned for 2008
- Sony Ericsson K610i:
- Nokia N93 Golf Edition Tees Off