Sales of mobiles in China rose by 40% last year to hit 120m handsets. The China Mobile Communications Association expects sales of 150m this year. China manufactured some 450m handsets last year, 350m of them being exported.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- The MVNO Challenge
- John George – JAG Communications
- Mobile Distribution
- Vodafone does ‘TBA’ gigs
- Keith Curran – Yes Telecom
- 11 years for VAT carousel fraudster
- The Rise of OTT Apps
- Paving the way to 5G
- 2006 to be a “watershed”
- Brighter star
- Mobile First, Security Second
- 57 years for Carousel Quartet
- 5G – What is it good for?
- HP phone for BT Fusion
- Moto Leaks 2007 Lineup
- WiFi offload: who cares?
- 132m WiFi/mobile handsets