The handset then speed-dials an emergency centre while recording pictures and sounds of the surrounding events for transmission to a pre-arranged location. There’s no word on when or if this would appear in a real product.
Safety phone from Nokia?
Nokia has applied for a US patent for a mobile phone feature allowing users to summon help at the touch of a button. An alarm is triggered by pushing two buttons on either side of the phone.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- The MVNO Challenge
- What Does the Future Hold for MVNOs?
- Mobile Distribution
- 11 years for VAT carousel fraudster
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- John George – JAG Communications
- The Rise of OTT Apps
- SHIFTING THE VAT OBLIGATION
- Graeme Hutchinson – Virgin Mobile
- BAFFLED BY TECHNOLOGY
- Fonebak pays “up to £4.2m” for Intec
- O2’s latest i-mode phone
- UK second to Sweden on 3G
- Nazir of Advanced Comms gets £20k fine and starves workers
- Satnav for Orange Phones
- Sony Ericsson K610i:
- Nokia N93 Golf Edition Tees Off
- Hutchison denies 3 UK SALE rumours
- Vista Entertainment Solutions integrates with Mobiqa Platfor...
- Reverse charging: forward thinking