Following the apparent success of trials in a handful of sites, Tesco intends to open over 100 new standalone Tesco Telecom stores over the next few months. Tesco reportedly sold more than 1m handsets last year and currently stocks 59 different models. The aim is obviously to target Tesco’s core market, which could spell trouble for the chains that currently dominate the prepay market.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- The MVNO Challenge
- Nazir of Advanced Comms gets £20k fine and starves workers
- John George – JAG Communications
- Keith Curran – Yes Telecom
- New faces at Get Connected!
- Mobile Distribution
- Play with Paris
- Man jailed for £4.5 million VAT fraud
- Mystery Caller – June 2013
- Paving the way to 5G
- Best-selling ringtones in 2005
- SeeMeTV seen by many
- Kids and mobiles, by Ofcom
- Reverse charging: forward thinking
- IMPDA: Dealers to be Accredited
- Talking FMC
- 5G – What is it good for?
- Travel Apps
- Mystery Caller – August 2016