Following the apparent success of trials in a handful of sites, Tesco intends to open over 100 new standalone Tesco Telecom stores over the next few months. Tesco reportedly sold more than 1m handsets last year and currently stocks 59 different models. The aim is obviously to target Tesco’s core market, which could spell trouble for the chains that currently dominate the prepay market.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- Mobile First, Security Second
- The MVNO Challenge
- Mobile Call Recording and Compliance
- Nazir of Advanced Comms gets £20k fine and starves workers
- Five questions to ask when designing and implementing an in-...
- Mobile Distribution
- The MVNO Value-Add
- BYOD: Technology, Employers & Employees
- Mambo License Guidelines
- Play with Paris
- Man jailed for £4.5 million VAT fraud
- 5G – What is it good for?
- Dale’s Disciple – No bad hair days for Louise
- Paving the way to 5G
- Mobile Inflection Points
- GPS Sim Card
- emoze Showdown with BlackBerry
- A KPMG International survey …
- Black’s Back with LG Shine
- Questions & Answers